I introduced my son to the yumminess of peanutbutter and banana sandwiches years ago. I've been on a muffin-baking kick lately, and I figured the peanutbutter and banana flavor combo would work well in muffin form.
So here's what I did.
First, the ingredients:
3 over ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup banana yogurt (or plain)
2 large eggs
6 tablespoons all-natural peanutbutter, smooth or chunky (we used chunky)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Here are the instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin pan or line with paper muffin cups. This recipe will make 12-14 standard muffins, depending on how puffed up you want to make them.
1. Blend the bananas, yogurt, eggs, peanutbutter and vanilla together in a large bowl.
2. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together in another bowl.
3. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just barely combined.
4. Spoon or scoop batter into muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and a thin knife inserted in the center of one comes out clean.
5. Allow muffins to cool for ten minutes before removing them from the pan.
And now, for your viewing pleasure, the show.
Oh, and remember, keep your hands to yourselves.
I hope that was a peeling.
Sorry, couldn’t resist.